EVMS SPRING WORKSHOP
PSYCHE AND EROS: HOW EXPERIENCING ARCHETYPAL ENERGIES
THROUGH IMAGES DEEPENS OUR WORK
PRESENTER: TIM SANDERSON, MD, ATR, JUNGIAN ANALYST
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO LOW REGISTRATION
NEW DATES WILL BE POSTED ONCE RESCHEDULED
To be most effective as therapists, we must be familiar with the deeply human experiences of desire for relationship and know how those experiences manifest within ourselves. It is our knowledge of our own struggles with these energies that most effectively informs our therapeutic efforts. Allowing ourselves to be immersed in the archetypal images will provide experience with those energies and with the affects through which they manifest. This workshop is aimed at developing greater depth in our work through experience with imagery particularly relevant to relationship. The workshop will include mini-lecture, reflection, art making, and discussion.
Art materials will be provided.
CEC: Continuing Education Credits for this workshop are granted through NBCC — National Board for Certified
Counselors (provider #6399). Participants earn 10 clock hours (1 CEC).
Upon completion of the presentation, participants will:
1. To identify the experience of affective activation by archetypal images.
2. To recognize that activation of archetypal themes is present in all relationships, including therapeutic relationships.
3. To become more familiar with archetypal imagery that occurs in relationships.
4. To understand how one’s own internal dynamics affect relationships.
5. To apply and connect to the process and practice of therapy.
$150 Registration Fee
$125 for VATA members